Last Updated: May 21st,2019
Our Privacy Commitment
This Policy contains the following sections. We encourage you to read the entire Policy, however, you may use the links below to be directed to the information you are seeking:
- Your Consent
- What Personal Information we collect
- How we use Personal Information
- When We Disclose Personal Information
- How we Collect Information Through Automatic Means
- How We Protect Personal Information
- We May Transfer Personal Information Outside of Canada
- Third Party Websites
- How to Access and Request Correction of your Personal Information
- How to Contact Us
1. Your Consent
By supplying your personal information to us or using our services, you are indicating that you consent to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with any terms of this Policy, do not use this Web Site or submit any personal information to us.
This Policy applies to our Web Site, and all other channels in which Premium Living Products collects and uses your personal information.
2. What Personal Information we collect
At Premium Living Products, we collect two types of information: personal information and non-personal information. The types of information we collect depend on the nature of your interaction with us.
Personal information is information that can identify an individual or information about an identifiable individual. We may collect personal information such as:
- your contact information – e.g., name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
- your personal preferences – e.g., product wish lists, language preferences, and marketing consent; and
- your transaction information – e.g., products purchased, method of payment, amount paid, and credit or debit card number.
We also collect any other personal information you choose to provide to us.
Non-personal information does not identify you as an individual. For example:
- we may collect certain non-personal data when you visit our Web Site, such as the type of browser you are using or the referring URL; or we may collect and summarize customer information in a non-personal, aggregate format for statistical and research purposes. We may, for example, summarize our data to determine that a certain percentage of contest entrants are male, aged 18 to 25.
3. How we use Personal Information
Generally, the personal information that you provide in the course of your relationship with us is collected for the purpose of providing you the requested services. For example, we may use your personal information to:
- Operate our Site in accordance with its terms and conditions;
- Facilitate, complete or confirm a purchase you choose to make using a Web Site, including facilitating payment for your purchase;
- Notify you when an order you have made is ready for delivery or shipping;
- To ship your order to your designated shipping address;
- Respond to your questions or inquiries;
- To conduct market research and surveys;
- To conduct promotional activities, including contests;
- To improve our products, services and Web Site;
- To send you informational or promotional communications that you have agreed to receive;
- To carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent;
- To carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
- If you have provided us with your personal information, but later decide you no longer want us to send you any information from us, you may unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe method in our commercial communications.
4. When We Disclose Personal Information
We may transfer your personal information to third party service providers that assist us with carrying out these purposes. For example, we may use a data processing contractor to operate computer systems on our behalf or to process payments for us. By providing us with personal information, you expressly agree to our use of service providers to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in this Policy.
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, or if we sell all or a part of our business, or should any such transaction be proposed, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the personal information that we have collected from you as part of such merger, sale or other change of control.
We may also use, or disclose your Personal Information to third parties, if we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; (iii) investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter; (iv) comply with the law; or (v) to protect our rights, safety or property.
Lastly, we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose to which you consent.
5. How we Collect Information Through Automatic Means
Our Web Site tracks general information about visitors such as their domain name, time of visit and which pages of our Web Site are being accessed. This information is used to better serve visitors by helping us to:
a) Manage our Web Site;
b) Diagnose any technical problems;
c) Track click streams, measure, monitor, and report on website traffic and page views;
d) Determine how visitors arrive at our Web Site and interact with our content;
e) Remember you if as you navigate through our Web Site, and if you return too it; and
f) Improve the content of our Web Site.
There are different types of cookie. “Session” cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once a visitor exits their Web browser window or otherwise turn their computer off. Session cookies are used to improve navigation on web sites and to collect aggregate statistical information. Premium Living Products’ Web Site uses session cookies. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of a visitor’s computer or device that stay there unless it is deleted. Persistent cookies store information on a visitor’s computer or device for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information previously provided (e.g., passwords), helping to determine what areas of the Web Site visitors find most valuable, and customizing the Web Site based on visitor preferences. Premium Living Products’ Web Site uses persistent cookies.
6. How We Protect Personal Information
We take physical, organizational, and technological security measures to help preserve the confidentiality of your personal information. Personal information may be accessed by persons within our organization, or our third party service providers, who require such access to carry out the purposes described in this Policy, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law.
Although we have taken measures to help protect our Web Sites, computer systems and personal information that we have collected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
7. We May Transfer Personal Information Outside of Canada
We may transfer personal information outside of Canada, and as a result, your information may be processed or stored in or outside of Canada. While your information is in another country, it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in that country. If you do not agree to the transfer of your personal information outside of Canada, do not provide us with personal information.
Premium Living Products does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If a child under 13 has already provided us with personal information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of requesting we delete this information.
9. Third Party Websites
The Web Sites may contain links to other third party websites. These other websites may have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions that are not governed by this Policy. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any website(s) owned and operated by any such third parties. Other websites may collect and treat information collected differently, so we encourage you to carefully read and review the Policy for each website you visit. Any links from this site to other websites, or references to products, services or publications other than those of the Premium Living Products, do not imply the endorsement or approval of such websites, products, services or publications by the Premium Living Products.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. We will reflect any such modifications to this Policy on this Web Site and will indicate the date this Policy was last amended. Your continued access to and/or use of the Web Site or provision of personal information to us after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of, and agreement to, this Policy, as revised. Please periodically review this Policy so that you know what personal information we collect, how we use it, and with whom we may share it.
11. How to Access and Request Correction of your Personal Information
You have a right to request access to your personal information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted personal information to us and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons. We may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your personal information.
12. How to Contact Us
If you wish to obtain access to your personal information, or have any questions about how we collect, use or disclose Personal Information, please contact our Support Team at 265 Frobisher Dr. Unit 1 Waterloo, ON N2V 2G4, 1-877-220-5318, or firstname.lastname@example.org.